Student Forms Index
CONFLICT REQUEST FORM
Conflict exams are only given on the regular exam day, typically between 1:00 PM and 6:30 PM. You must make arrangements with Nick Kirchner to take a conflict exam by the posted deadline. No makeup exams will be given.
If you have a conflict with a regularly scheduled MCB 408 exam, please fill out and submit the following form:
The deadline for requesting a conflict for the Final Exam is Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 at 5 PM. Requests received after this deadline may not be considered. Only university approved conflicts will be accommodated (see below).
Please select MCB 408, section AL1 from the pull-down menus, provide as much information as possible according to the spaces available to you, and click on the Submit Form button. The course coordinator will respond to your submission via email AFTER the submission deadline. Documentation of the conflict must be submitted to the course coordinator, Nick Kirchner, in room 217 Burrill Hall prior to the exam. If we need further information from you, we will contact you via telephone or email.
A Conflict Exam will only be given to individuals who find themselves in one of the following situations:
- A regularly scheduled course for credit at the University that takes place during the scheduled exam time
- Sporting events for University athletes and club team participants - documentation from coach required
- Employment, if possible you should reschedule your work shift - documentation from supervisor required
- Travel or conferences associated with RSOs (not general meetings - documentation from faculty advisor required)
- Travel associated with job or secondary school interviews, if possible please schedule interviews around exams - documentation required.
Please note that you will NOT be granted a conflict exam for conflicts associated with educational enhancement opportunities (ie, Kaplan Courses, Princeton Review, etc.). Please bring written documentation supporting your claim of conflict and a copy of your course schedule to 252 Davenport Hall to be time/date stamped and placed in the course coordinator's mailbox. If you have a question about whether your conflict will qualify, please call the MCB Office at 217-244-6239 in advance of the deadline posted above.
ILLNESS ON DAY OF EXAM
- If you are ill or incapacitated on the day of an exam, you are urged to seek assistance at McKinley Health Center or elsewhere as needed, and to miss the exam (your score will be prorated if your absence is excused). E-mail Nick Kirchner and advise him of your situation.
When you are well enough to return to classes, go to the Office of the Dean of Students. It is located in Turner Student Services Building, 610 E. John Street, Champaign; Phone number: 333-0050. Inform the Deans that you need confirmation of a confining illness to be sent to Nick Kirchner in MCB (393 Morrill, MC-119) or E-mail to email@example.com. Once documentation is received your exam score will be prorated. We will average your percentile score for each of the exams that you take and use that score to determine a score for the missed exam. Students cannot prorate more than 2 exams. Students who find themselves in this situation will be advised to drop the course.
NOTE: If you choose to attend an exam while suffering from illness, and you complete the exam, that exam will determine your score. No makeups will be offered.