Announcements - Spring 2018
Last update: 3/14/2018
To hear the latest announcements, come to class.
Announcements may be listed on this page as a convenience to you.
But to make sure you know what is going on, come to class.
. . . MCB100 meets at 2 - 2:50 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in room 112 Gregory Hall.
Dr. Chapman's office is in room 241 Burrill Hall.
Office hours this semester are:
Monday, Wednesday at 3:15 - 5:00 pm, Tuesday 4 - 5 pm, Thursday 3 - 4, or by appointment.
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copies of: Microbiology With Diseases by Taxonomy, by Robert Bauman are on reserve in the Undergraduate Library and the Chemistry Library and the ACES Library. Talk to the helpful librarians at the Reserve Desk. The Chemistry Library is on the first floor of Noyes Lab at the Northeast end of the building.
- If you are in the James Scholar Program and you wish to work on a James Scholar Project in MCB 100, contact Dr. Chapman.
- Exam results are returned in class.
- Exam - 2 will be given Wednesday, March 28, during the regular class time.
The exam will cover: chapters 5, 7, 9, 10 & 26 (and the last bit of chapter 6)
Go to "Exam Information" to find a link to the practice test, which is updated for Spring 2018.
Place for Exam 2:
If your last name starts with: A - L, please take exam 2 in room 141 Loomis Lab
If your last name starts with: M - Z, please take exam 2 in room 112 Gregory Hall
. . REVIEW SESSION for Exam - 2
. . . Tuesday, March 27, at 7 - 8 pm in room 124 Burrill Hall
- The FINAL EXAM in MCB100 is scheduled for 8:00 - 11:00 am on Thursday, 5/10/2018.
The place for the MCB100 Final Exam:
If your last name starts with: A - J, please take the final exam in room 100 MSEB
If your last name starts with: K - Z, please take the final exam in room 112 Gregory Hall
The material to be covered is: chapters 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and material from the lecture slides.
- Contact Dr. Chapman if you need to make arrangements to take the Conflict Final Exam.
- There are no make up tests given in MCB100.
If you must miss an exam due to illness, accident, tragedy etc., your scores may be prorated.
BUT... in order for you to get a prorated exam score you must contact Dr. Chapman as soon as possible.
- If you take an exam when you are not feeling well, the grade you get on the exam will stand. You are not allowed to take an exam and then decide at a later date if you want to keep that score or not. If, on the day of an exam, you feel too sick to take the test, then don't take the exam. See a doctor and get a note so your grade can be prorated. It's also good to see a doctor so you can get medical treatment for your illness. If you feel sick, you might have an infection. If you have a contagious infection that makes you too sick to take an exam, don't come to class.
- If you need to take a conflict exam, contact Dr. Chapman at least three days before the test.
Conflict exams are given on the day before a regularily scheduled exam.
Contact Dr. Chapman by e-mail if you need to take the conflict exam.
Be prepared to present documentation that verifies an officially acceptable reason for being allowed to take the conflict exam.