Fear Film Festival
Master of Science
- David J. Schulz. Biogenic amines in the
honey bee brain: Behaviorally-related changes in the antennal lobes and age-related
changes in the mushroom bodies. Advisor: Gene E. Robinson.
- John M. Sherwood. The mariner transposable
element, Himar1, from the hornfly, Haematobia irritans, is active in the
genome of Drosophila melanogaster. Advisor: Hugh M. Robertson.
- Mark Carroll. Octyl acetate and octyl
butyrate in wild parsnip Pastinaca sativa (Apiaceae) and their effects on the
parsnip webworm Depressaria pastinacella (Lepidoptera: Oecophoridae). Advisor: May
- Hilary E. Reno. Differentiation of Aedes
triseriatus (Say) from Aedes hendersoni Cockerell (Diptera: Culicidae) by
restriction fragment length polymorphisms of ribosomal DNA. Advisor: Robert A. Novak.
- Matthew E. ONeal. Population
characteristics and an economic threshold for western corn rootworm (Diabrotica
virgifera virgifera LeConte) in east central Illinois soybean fields. Advisor: Michael
- Yehuda Ben-Shahar. Performance on a
reversal learning test is associated with division of labour in the honey bee, Apis
mellifera. Advisor: Gene E. Robinson.
- Kevin Holston. Answering the nomenclature
challenge with a systematic database of Thereva names (Diptera: Therevidae).
Advisor: Michael Irwin.
- Joseph Sullivan. Behavioral development and
growth of the mushroom bodies in allatectomized adult honey bees. Advisor: Gene E.
Robinson and Susan Fahrbach.
Doctor of Philosophy
- Thomas A. Baughman. Factors affecting the
control of corn rootworms with soil insecticides: Insecticide resistance, distribution,
and persistence. Advisor: Joseph V. Maddox.
- Lisa Carloye. The effects of synthetic and
naturally occurring compounds on microsporidian infection in insects. Advisors: Drs.
Joseph V. Maddox and May R. Berenbaum.
- Chun-Liang Chen. Distribution of P elements
in Muscomorpha. Advisor: Hugh M. Robertson.
- Steven M. Frankel (Plant Biology). Light
effects on plant chemistry: Implications for plants and herbivores. Advisor: May R.
- Tugrul Giray. Genetic and hormonal
regulation of worker behavioral development in honey bees. Advisor: Gene E. Robinson.
- Angel Gonzalez. Effect of intercropping and
trap cropping on the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella L., its natural enemies
and other brassicaceous pests and studies on Diadegma insulare (Cresson), the major
diamondback moth para-sitoid. Advisor: Catherine E. Eastman.
- Phillip A. Lewis. Behavior and ecology of
New and Old World Luperini beetles (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae). Advisor: Robert L.
- Stephen Gaimari. Phylogeny, classification,
and biogeography of the cycloteline Therevinae (Diptera: Therevidae). Advisor: Michael
- Rosanna Giordano. Effects of Wolbachia
bacteria on several insect species. Advisor: Hugh M. Robertson.
- Claire E. Rutledge. Habitat preferences and
fidelity in the Cotesia flavipes complex (Hymenoptera: Braconidae): Current
preferences and the potential for change through learning and selection. Advisor: Robert