Monday, September 11, 2017, is the deadline for adding the course and for changing sections in MCB 252.
No MCB 252 discussions on Monday, September 4, or Tuesday, September 5, due to the Labor Day Holiday. Discussions will resume on Monday, September 11, 2017.
LaunchPad ebook access.
Please use this link for your ebook access after you purchase a code.
MCB 252 Students should take a minute to review the Campus Emergency Response Information.
MCB 252 Lectures begin on Monday, August 28, 2017, at 1pm in 1320 Digital Computer Laboratory.
Discussions begin on Monday, August 28, 2017, at 9am in 243B Davenport Hall.
For those of you with evening exams or evening classes please review this information about Campus Safety:
When possible please walk in pairs or groups. See the Campus Safety Web
site at http://www.dps.uiuc.edu/universitypolice/campussafety.html for
suggested tips for staying safe on campus.
Safe Rides: Offered by the Mass Transit District, SafeRides provides safe
transportation between designated areas to University students, faculty,
and staff. SafeRides is not intended to be a service of convenience, but
rather a safe means of transportation when other travel options do not
offer a secure environment.
For more information, visit MTD Saferides website. To make arrangements
for a SafeRide please call 217-265-7433.
The MCB 252 proficiency exam will be given on Tuesday evening, September 5, 2017, from 6-9PM. Students may sign up for the exam using the online form.
You may not take a proficiency exam if any of the following apply:
A. You have taken the proficiency exam for the given course previously.
B. You have already completed the course.
C. You were enrolled in the course and dropped after the campus drop deadline (eighth week of the semester) or withdrew from the course.
D. You have completed more than one course in advance of the course (higher rubric number) in which the proficiency exam is requested.
Additional information regarding proficiency exams appears in Article 3, Part 2, 3-203, Proficiency Examinations, in the Code of Policies and Regulations Applying to All Students, which is available online at http://admin.illinois.edu/policy/code/.
- The staff members supporting MCB 252 are more than happy to assist students in whatever ways that we can. Emails to instructors, TAs, or course coordinators will only be answered if they come from an @illinois.edu account. As a student, please remember that when you email a staff member, it's important to include all pertinent information so that we can assist you in the most efficient and effective manner possible. This information includes:
1. Your full first and last name
2. Your NetID (the first part of your uiuc.edu email account)
3. Your UIN (9 digit number that you use to register for classes)
4. The course that you are concerned about (the staff members often work with multiple courses)
5. Your section letter/number
6. The previous email "thread" or previous communicated information pertinent to the situation
Your cooperation will help us respond much more quickly to your concerns. Thank you!