Exam Information for Spring 2018
Last Updated 1/17/18
Scroll down to find links to the practice exams.
(For the final exam, scroll to the bottom to see links to examples of important microorganisms.)
Exam scores will be returned in class with error analysis sheets.
Exam -1 results were returned in class a few days after the exam. If you didn't get yours, come to my office.
Exam Schedule Spring 2018
MCB 100 exams are given during regular class hours (2:00 - 2:50 PM).
On exam days, students should go to the assigned room and sit in every other seat during the exam.
- Exam - 1 shall be given on Friday, Feb. 16, during the regular class time (2:00 - 2:50 pm).
The exam will cover materials from chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and the first part of 6.
Exam results will be returned in class about a week after the test.
If you have a conflict, you should contact Dr. Chapman to make arrangements to take ther conflict exam on Thursday, Feb. 15.
Place for Exam 1:
If your last name starts with: A - L, please take exam 2 in room 112 Gregory Hall
If your last name starts with: M - Z, please take exam 2 in room TBA
. . REVIEW SESSION for Exam - 1
. . . Thursday, Feb. 15, at 7 - 8 pm in a room TBA
To see the practice exam for exam 1, go the the main menu page for MCB100 and click on the link labelled:
"Exam Information" (the practice exam has not yet been updated for Spring, but it will be before the test)
- Exam - 2 will be given Wednesday, March 28, during the regular class time.
The exam will cover: chapters 5, 7, 9, 10 & 26
- The FINAL EXAM in MCB100 is scheduled for 8:00 - 11:00 am on Thursday, 5/10/2018.
The place for the MCB100 Final Exam:
If your last name starts with: A - L, please take the final exam in room TBA
If your last name starts with: M - Z, please take the final exam in room TBA
The material to be covered is: chapters 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and material from the lecture slides.
- Contact Dr. Chapman if you need to make arrangements to take the Conflict Final Exam.
- There are no make up tests given in MCB100.
If you must miss an exam due to illness, accident, tragedy etc., your scores may be prorated.
BUT... in order for you to get a prorated exam score you must contact Dr. Chapman as soon as possible.
- If you take an exam when you are not feeling well, the grade you get on the exam will stand. You are not allowed to take an exam and then decide at a later date if you want to keep that score or not. If, on the day of an exam, you feel too sick to take the test, then don't take the exam. See a doctor and get a note so your grade can be prorated. It's also good to see a doctor so you can get medical treatment for your illness. If you feel sick, you might have an infection. If you have a contagious infection that makes you too sick to take an exam, don't come to class.
- If you need to take a conflict exam, contact Dr. Chapman at least three days before the test.
Conflict exams are given on the day before a regularily scheduled exam.
Contact Dr. Chapman by e-mail if you need to take the conflict exam.
Be prepared to present documentation that verifies an officially acceptable reason for being allowed to take the conflict exam.
Up to date announcements about exams and review sessions can be heard in the lectures.
To keep up with the latest news about MCB100, come to class.
- Practice Exam 1 (updated for Fall 2017 - September 22, 2017)
- Practice Exam 2 (updated for Fall 2017 - October 25, 2017)
- Practice Exam 3 (updated for Fall 2017 - December 5, 2017)
Please note that the key is found at the end of the exam. The actual MCB100 Final Exam will have about 50 - 60 questions. The practice exam is a bit longer than that, but more practice is a good thing. Study hard. Get a good night's sleep before the exam.
- Examples of Important Bacteria (for the final exam): Word Document
- Examples of Important Eukaryotic Microorganisms (for the final exam): Word Document
- Examples of Important Viruses(for the final exam): Word Document
- Good Luck.