Graduate Students in the Hanks Lab
At Black Dog, December 2013 (l to r): Linnea, Judy (Lab Manager), Todd, Joe
Alexander Hazel (MS student)
- Analysis of pollen-feeding in the subfamily Cerambycinae
Todd Johnson (PhD student) [website]
- Biology and chemical ecology of cerambycid parasitoids
Linnea Meier (PhD student) [website]
- Effects of habitat fragmentation on longhorned beetle community ecology
Joe Wong (PhD student) [website]
- Feeding ecology of longhorned beetles
- MS 2015: "Effect of trap height on abundance and species diversity of cerambycid beetles captured in forests of east-central Illinois"
- MS 2014: "Factors contributing to variation in cuticular hydrocarbon profiles of two species of longhorned beetles (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)"
- PhD student, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS, PhD 2012: "Chemical communication in cerambycid beetles and the molecular basis of olfaction"
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
- MS 2011: "Avoidance of cross-attraction among sympatric and synchronic species of cerambycid beetles that share pheromone components"
- Associate Scientist, AbbVie Pharmaceuticals, Abbott Park, IL
- MS 2010: "Seasonal and diel periodicity of Cerambycid beetles in east-central Illinois: the potential for cross attraction"
- PhD student, Biology Department, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- PhD 2010: "Host plant relationships and chemical communication in the cerambycidae"
- Entomologist, USDA Forest Service, Anchorage, AK
- PhD 2009: "Species composition and genetic structure of grassland plant communities and their influence on spiders and herbivorous insects"
- Biologist, Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, Washington, DC
- MS, PhD 2009: "Evolution and taxonomic distribution of volatile pheromones in cerambycine longhorned beetles";
- Assistant Professor, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- MS, PhD 2009: "Effects of natural enemies and host condition on populations of insect pests of trees"
- Entomologist, USDA-APHIS-PPQ, Laredo, TX
- MS 2007: "Molecular validation of a morphological character for distinguishing between the armored scale insects Chionaspis pinifoliae and C. heterophyllae (Hemiptera: Diaspididae)"
- Dentist, Comfort Dental, Northglenn, CO
- MS, PhD 2007: "Chemical ecology of the Clytini (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)"
- Staff Research Associate, UC Riverside, Riverside, CA
Emily Kluger Glasberg
- MS 2007: "Effects of habitat fragmentation and host plant community composition on genetic structure and population dynamics of the prairie-endemic weevil Haplorhynchites aeneus (Boehman)"
- Key Account Manager/Entomologist, Clarke, Chicago, IL
- MS 2003: "Conservation biological control of pine needle scale (Homoptera: Diaspididae) in ornamental landscapes"
- R&D statistician, Syngenta, Greensboro, NC
- MS 2003: "Impact of tree water stress on herbivorous insects in urban ecosystems"
- PPQ Officer/Instructor, USDA-APHIS-PPQ, Frederick, MD
- MS, PhD 2003: "Multitrophic interactions in a prairie insect community: Ecology, behavior, and conservation"
- Associate Professor, Penn State University, State College, PA
- MS, PhD 2003: "Chemically-mediated mate location and recognition in longhorned beetles (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)"
- Associate Professor, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Jodie A. Ellis
- MS 2001: "An evaluation of conservation biological control of evergreen bagworm (Lepidoptera: Psychidae)"
- Executive Director, Board of Veterinary Medicine, State of Idaho, Boise, ID
- MS 2001: "Dispersal and population regulation of the evergreen bagworm, Thyridopteryx ephemeraeformis (Haworth) (Lepidoptera: Psychidae)"
- Medical Entomologist, US Army (retired)