Graduate Students in the Hanks Lab
August 2011 (l to r): Pete (Lab Technician), Joe, Christina, Judy (Lab Manager), Linnea
Joe Wong (PhD) [website]
- Feeding ecology of longhorned beetles
Linnea Meier (MS)
- Effects of habitat fragmentation on longhorned beetle community ecology
Christina Silliman (MS)
- Effects of nutrition on early life development of longhorned beetles
Rob Mitchell (PhD) [website]
- Molecular olfaction and chemical ecology of longhorned beetles
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Arizona, Tucson
- MS 2011: "Avoidance of cross-attraction among sympatric and synchronic species of cerambycid beetles that share pheromone components."
- MS 2010: "Seasonal and diel periodicity of Cerambycid beetles in east-central Illinois: the potential for cross attraction."
- PhD 2010: "Host plant relationships and chemical communication in the cerambycidae."
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- PhD 2009: "Species composition and genetic structure of grassland plant communities and their influence on spiders and herbivorous insects."
- Research Entomologist, U.S. Horticultural Research Lab, Fort Pierce, FL
- MS, PhD 2009: "Evolution and taxonomic distribution of volatile pheromones in cerambycine longhorned beetles."
- Assistant Professor, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- MS, PhD 2009: "Effects of natural enemies and host condition on populations of insect pests of trees."
- Visiting Instructor of Biology, Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
- MS 2007: "Molecular validation of a morphological character for distinguishing between the armored scale insects Chionaspis pinifoliae and C. heterophyllae (Hemiptera: Diaspididae)."
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Edwardsville, IL
- MS, PhD 2007: "Chemical ecology of the Clytini (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)."
- Postdoctoral Researcher, UC Riverside, Riverside, CA
- MS 2007: "Effects of habitat fragmentation and host plant community composition on genetic structure and population dynamics of the prairie-endemic weevil Haplorhynchites aeneus (Boehman)."
- Corporate Account Manager, Smithereen Pest Management Services, Chicago, IL
- MS 2003: "Conservation biological control of pine needle scale (Homoptera: Diaspididae) in ornamental landscapes."
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
- MS 2003: "Impact of tree water stress on herbivorous insects in urban ecosystems."
- PPQ Officer/Instructor, USDA-APHIS-PPQ, Frederick, MD
- MS, PhD 2003: "Multitrophic interactions in a prairie insect community: Ecology, behavior, and conservation."
- Assistant Professor, Penn State University, State College, PA
- MS, PhD 2003: "Chemically-mediated mate location and recognition in longhorned beetles (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)."
- Assistant Professor, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- MS 2001: "An evaluation of conservation biological control of evergreen bagworm (Lepidoptera: Psychidae)."
- Agricultural Programs Manager, Idaho Department of Agriculture, Boise, ID
- MS 2001: "Dispersal and population regulation of the evergreen bagworm, Thyridopteryx ephemeraeformis (Haworth) (Lepidoptera: Psychidae)"
- Medical Entomologist, US Army (retired)